Wednesday, September 28, 2011

France | Week One

Hello friends! I actually have a post that has more than three photos! Craziness, right? My France adventure will most likely be divided into a three or four part saga/documentation/blogging of the trip. :) So..it begins..

Traveling here was pretty crazy. To get here, we spent..
3 hrs in the car to get to JFK airport.
3 hrs waiting in JFK.
6.5 hrs on a plane.
2.5 hrs in an airport/train station.
2 hrs on a train.
1 hr on a different train.
1 hr in a car.
19 hours in transit roughly.
6 hrs in time difference lost too.
Tired yet?
The scenery from the train.

We were greeting with these beautiful mountains in Grenoble. From there, we traveled by car to Camp des Cimes, and got started working the next morning.
Our destruction site during the first few days/stages.
Lots of jackhammering!
Like the glasses? I LOVED them. It was very, very dusty during the jackhammer days. My shoes were originally dark gray, they turned white by the end.

Safety first!

Now that you've gotten through all the construction.. onto pretty pictures.

Isn't he the cutest? His name (translated) is Spark. :)
Goats grazing in the Alps = picture perfect!
Our first Sunday night, we had a French mountain meal. The first course was French bread.
(going close wise) The second course was a sample of cold cuts, including wild boar. Next (the main meal) was vegetable dumplings (amazing!), potatoes, and more various hot meats which were all delicious.

Don't forget a sample of French homemade wine.

We topped it off with desert: white cheese with sugar and berries. It was great, the entire meal was deliciously wonderful!

This is our team! I've loved being able to serve, construct, share laughs, and live with these wonderful folks for the past month. It's been such a blessing.
Pray that the last few days will be super productive and we'll get lots done.
Until then.. Au Revoir!
linking up here, here, here and oh yeah, here.

11 comments:

  1. great great shots, the sheep, goat and dog remind me of Heidi!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Merry Christmas! (btw newest follower)
    Mrs. Claus

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of traveling! It sounds so fun though. :) What beautiful scenery and you did such a great job capturing it!

    Oh, and that dog is so cute. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Spark is so cute! I love how he's holding the stick in his mouth. =)

    All of the pictures are gorgeous! I'm so glad you could go to France for a month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I was jealous BEFORE I saw the pictures... now? Holy cow, I am super jealous. Looks like you had a fabulous time, and I wish I had been able to go too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures. I most like the picture of a dog. Looks cute.

    best pre workout supplement 2012

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing shots! can't wait to see the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a ton of traveling, but the end has been something so beautiful! I've never been to Europe and have quite enjoyed your view of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveeee the 21st picture! I love them ALL..but that one just stuck with me. haha. Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh. my goodness.
    you are SUCH good photographer! i am incredibly jealous.

    anna
    ps. i have a new blog - www.gooseberriesx.blogspot.com and i would be so honored if you checked it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. God bless you as you serve in France!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 22nd shot (the one where you can see the waterfall in the distance)! They're all really nice!

    Eve

    My Current Photography Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...