Thursday, November 20, 2014

>> Offshore Adventure // Vinalhaven, ME

I had the wonderful privilege of making my way back to the beautiful island of Vinalhaven this summer. My first trip to the island was way back in February 2011, and then I visited again August 2012. Needless to say, I was really excited to be back. The whole town just has a relaxed vibe and it's so easy to fall in love with. Vinalhaven is one of those places you just keep desiring to go back too..








Carolyn & I shared this tiny little 'cabin', with one lamp and no toilet..
..but it did have a lovely view. :)


In the mornings we brewed fresh mint tea and picked the wild raspberries along the road.. it was perfect.
I hung my hammock between the pines during the day and kept it hanging next to the mailbox at night. 
We also had ten lobsters we loved..until we ate them.






This is the Chalet, the lovely place we called home for a few days.




The dinner view wasn't too bad either..
I learned how to cook lobster and made myself a one. The whole process was very interesting, but I'm not sure I ever need to do that again though, haha. 
Carolyn & I saw the gorgeous sunset and bolted for the kayak. We got eaten alive, but the sunset was so much prettier on the water.

To be honest, I'm not sure if there's a better end to a day than lobster and a sunset paddle.
Be sure to stop by tomorrow for more adventures on Vinalhaven! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...