Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Changing Seasons

Well, this is the story of the past month of my life. My routine of full-time work (the past year) has officially ceased. Actually, to be precise it ended a little over a month ago.. but we'll get there. 
Where did we leave off? Oh, that's right. I was heading to Victory Valley for a week of counseling fun! It was a truly wonderful and blessed week. If I ever find the time, I'll write more about it. My seven girls (all 13 & 14) were all lively, excited to be there, passionate to learn, and eager to discuss God's Word and dive deeper. It was a wonderful week (it flew by) and I was so blessed to be their counselor! There was only one minor glitch in the week, on Thursday I hurt my little finger playing football. The nurse figured it was sprained, taped it up, and set me off. I was still in a lot of pain, but powered through until the following Monday when I was finally convinced it might be more than sprained. Multiple x-rays later, it was indeed fractured over halfway through the bone! Yikes. So for the next four weeks, I wore this super fun splint and used my finger as an excuse not to do icky things. ;)
After camp, I finished my last week at Chick-Fil-A. It was bittersweet, and I'm already missing my sweet coworkers already. Fortunately the store is only a couple minutes from school, so I can visit them every once in a while. I am enjoying not eating chicken every day, it's nice to have some variety. ;)

I rocked the finger brace as I packed up the tents, grill, and other camping supplies because my best friends & I were headed to Boston! Our time in Boston was the highlight of my summer. We walked the Freedom Trail, ate delicious food, explored the Art Museum, went whale watching, hiked through old forts, and so much more. It was great. 
From Boston, I traveled a few hours north to Maine for three nights on the island of Vinalhaven. For those of you who don't know, VH is a beautiful & quiet island about sixteen miles off the coast. One of my best friends hosted us and I joined a few of her college friends for a wonderful time on the island. We kayaked (a lot), went boating, hiking, and geocaching. It was so relaxing and I'm so thankful for the chance to visit again!
After I got back from Maine, my family left on our vacation to California. My Dad travels a lot, so we were able to get airfare, car rental, and hotel nights all for free! We traveled all over the state, but my favorites were visiting San Francisco and Sequoia National Park. 
We came home on Thursday, and on that Monday I started four-day orientation for nursing school. It went well, and I'm now in my second week of classes. I am spending quite a bit of my time studying, but I am enjoying it so far! My professors seem very nice and I am looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead. Although I'm saying that now, remind me of that in a few weeks when I'm memorizing every bone in the human body. ;)
So, thanks for all the prayers and hugs over the past month. It's been crazy but I've loved it. In case you're wondering, my finger is healing nicely and I've been out of the splint for over a week.
I'll periodically post a few photos & share my adventures, but if not, I'll see you in two years when nursing school is over. Ha ha! 
Love you all! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...