Friday, April 11, 2014

Sunday Spring Hike

On a nice & sunny Sunday afternoon, the five of us headed out to check out a new hiking spot and just be outside. It has been a long and cold winter, but I've found the best fix for cabin fever is time in the woods with friends and sunshine on our faces. The hills are slowly but surely starting to come alive again with spring.
It. is. wonderful.
I wore my toe shoes. I love those shoes.

These are the roots of a fallen tree.
Grace, my little buddy :)




We relaxed at the top of the hill, ate some snacks, and enjoyed the sun starting to set in the valley.
Is she not the cutest? She's my favorite little person.
This is the view from the top of the hill. The big field in the background is part of the Daniel Boone Homestead. Believe it or not, that's where Daniel Boone himself was born and lived for many years as a child. The house is still there as are many of the other historic buildings. But that's a story for another day.
Bonus: video of the salamander.
Happy hiking friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...