Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Introducing: Tuesday Tidbits

Hello dear readers! Remember how I said I wanted to start blogging more about life, and not just my crazy adventures? I decided to do just that and hopefully make it a weekly post! Every Tuesday you can hop on and find out little tidbits and snippets of my life. :) It'll look a little bit like this..
001. I got all crafty over the weekend and starting mod-podging everything in sight. I made this sweet little flower pot with a variety of vintage fabrics I had in my closet. Now I just need to get some potting soils and seeds!
 002. Every once in a while, I'm up early enough to see the sun rise..it never disappoints.
 003. Confession: I didn't like the stamps at the post office (boring!) so I ordered some off the USPS website. I paid $1.25 in shipping.. for stamps. I found it hilariously ironic. But seriously, how fun are these?
 004. My need for stamps comes from the two or three letters I send out each week. There is a feeling and sentiment about a hand-written letter from a friend far-away that the internet and facebook can't duplicate.
005. At a little bookstore in Ohio I found these cards with scripture. Ten for only $3! I've already sent out four. :)
006. Speaking of Ohio, it was great! We did all sorts of odd and different things. We spent a day in Cincinnati, an afternoon in Yellow Springs, we geocached, watched BBC shows, explored coffee shops around CU, and ate cheesecake. It was grand. 
007. This is evidence of just how super crafty I've been lately. I'm actually doing some of the millions of things I pin! I'll show you how to do this easy project later this week. :)

This about wraps up the first Tuesday Tidbits! I hope you enjoyed and will come back next week. :)

7 comments:

  1. I love your first picture of the flowers! You have some good talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunset!! Woah! And I totally agree about the letters! Just bought some Easter cards to send to my grandparents. They LOVE that kind of thing! -S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandparents totally are. My Grandmother used to write letters to quite a few different folks in her church & hometown! It was a cool to see her encourage others that way. :)

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you liked Cincinnati. My husband and I sometimes take day trips to Cincinnati since we are about 1.5 hours away. And a sunrise is always a blessing.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super cool city, I'd love to explore it some more one day! What parts of the city do you recommend?

      Delete
  4. I like this format and would like to try something like this myself. my mom (87) sort of likes to see posts more often, just a fun way we connect. Since I have started my struggle with Lyme's disease, I have come to really appreciate the cards and notes I get...I reread them and use them as book marks. I don't think I realized how much they meant until now. The stamps made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might make it a link-up in the coming weeks if I can make it a habit. :) With friends at college, it is so nice to see a hand-written letter from them. It shows you care about them even if they're far away. I love the idea of using them as bookmarks, I just might have to start that!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...