Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Next Step

My Mom put the news on Facebook, so the cat is out of the bag.. I have been accepted into the Nursing Program at our local hospital's school! I am going to be honest, it has been a tough few past years trying to figure out what I want to do. When I left school last May knowing I wouldn't be going anywhere in the fall, it was scary. I had to trust that God had a plan even though I felt like I was going nowhere in life (which was frustrating, especially as all my peers started their sophomore year). After a wonderful summer at VVC, a management position opened up at work, I was (happily) chosen for the slot, and though there are good days and bad, I really enjoy my job as a manager.

Then I started thinking about school again. In my year of community college, I had fallen in love with science (I hated it in high school) and decided that nursing might be a good plan. I talked with wonderful ladies from my church who are nurses (and went to the school I'll be attending in the fall!) and I felt like that was where God was leading me. Still, I wasn't sure. But I prayed about it and decided that if being a nurse was what God wanted me to do, he'd have to get me acceptance into a highly competitive program and school.

Which, of course, God did.

So now I am here, doing all the things my peers did two years ago when they started college. I am nervous, excited, and ready all in one jumble of emotions. I am not the same person I was two years ago looking at colleges. I am older, (a bit) wiser, and have quite a bit more experience under my belt. Most of all, I am very thankful and feeling very blessed. Because God is so good, all the time. Hugs for you friends if you read all this. I love you! 
Soli Deo Gloria

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You will be a great nurse.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy for you! My daughter in law just graduated from nursing school...what a wonderful occupation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...