Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Local Trail: Bernhardt Reservoir


''







Local Trail: Bernhardt Reservoir
Tucked away in the hills behind Reading is a quiet little spot only a few minutes out of the city. The Reservoir area is very small and is less than a mile around, but it's a nice place to have a picnic on a spring or summer day. I like it because it's only about five minutes away from my church, so it's very quick & easy to go here. As a bonus, there's a few Geocaches scattered around the area (including a multi-cache!) and the Muhlenberg Rail Trail is only about a mile away. Add in one of these two and you'll have a nice afternoon right in the city.
Distance: less than 1 mile
Time: 25 minutes
Dogs & Kids: Yes & Yes
Rating: 3/5
This post is part of my local hikes & trails series that I began last year. As the weather continues to warm up you can expect more photos and adventures of hikes in the area. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! There is nothing like a nature hike to put you in good spirits. That is a beautiful aquamarine (?) colored bridge. Good job!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I sure do! My friend and I have gotten more into it in the past few months. I don't have a GPS, so I hijack my Mom's phone sometimes so my littlest sister & I can go caching. We love it and we're hoping to place our first cache in the spring! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...