Monday, August 26, 2013

Day at the Smithsonians


 During the beginning of the summer in June, Carolyn & I adventured down to D.C. and Annapolis for a few days. We stayed with her sister right outside the city and it was great! We went to the National Art Gallery, Museum of the American Indian, Museum of Natural History, and the National Portrait Gallery.
National Art Gallery:





 Silly Van Gogh used sooo much paint!





 Chuck Close is one of my favorite artist. So much detail in his portraits.. plus they're huge!
National Museum of the American Indian:




 The architecture is easily the coolest in all the Smithsonian buildings.
 Museum of Natural History (butterfly garden):








 National Portrait Gallery:






Annapolis, MD is coming up next.. :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but I love seeing art when it's photographed. All of these photos are fascinating to look at. I especially loved the thick paint detail of the Van Gogh! Superb detail of the butterflies as well.

    ... now that I'm done oohing and aahing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...