Thursday, August 29, 2013

Annapolis, MD

 After spending a rainy day in D.C., we were quite happy to get a lovely day with sunshine in Annapolis. I had never been, so we just wandered the city for a while. Annapolis is home to the United States Naval Academy, so we checked that out and looked through the museum. It was great, and all free, so I recommend it if you have time in Annapolis.


 The Academy's chapel building.. we saw three different wedding parties in the short time we were there. :)


 Cute little waterfront shops :)






 Annapolis is the capital of Maryland, so the building in the right picture is their State House.
 Annapolis is super cute, seriously.
 We also stopped by Sandy Point SP. It was a nice big beach and we enjoyed some waves and sand. :)



 We walked out on the super long jetty!
 Carolyn, myself, and Bert the Sand Turtle.
 :)

Bonus: the park has a lovely view of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge!

..& thus finishes our adventure in Maryland. :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Annapolis looks like a nice place to visit...I need to add it to my list now! I love the photo of the Naval Academy's chapel building. I also love Bert... he's so cute! haha

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I have also visited Annapolis, though it was a few years ago! Such a beautiful site. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The seagull eating the fish is interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...