Monday, January 28, 2013

Savannah, Georgia

When my family decided we were going to Florida, I knew there was one place I wanted to stop: Savannah, Georgia. As a Girl Scout, there's lots of things in the city for scouts to do involving the history of scouting (such as Juliette Lowe's house). As a photographer, I was excited for a great looking city loaded with architecture, parks, Spanish moss, and more. Savannah did not disappoint and I really enjoyed our short time in this town. I'll look forward to returning some day!
St. John's Cathedral.. a pretty amazing building.


 This was in Juliette Lowe's backyard garden. Savannah is famous for the Spanish Moss on the tree's. I thought it was lovely. :)





Savannah has a load of (over twenty) "squares" in the historic districts. They are cute little parks with benches, gardens, monuments, and lots of history to learn from. 
 Barges and tugboats when swimming by as we walked along the riverfront area.

 We were bummed that we weren't able to get on a Riverboat. But there's always next time, - right? 



 Hot & fresh pralines might be one of the most delicious treats in the world. 

 Barges sailing by..
 We finished out day off at the largest square, Johnson. 

 Alright.. I admit, I loved the spanish moss. :)
We had an absolutely lovely day in Savannah. If you're in the South, you should definitely stop by this sweet little river town. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, Sara! The fountain looks gorgeous with the Spanish moss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about Savannah and I can see why! WOW!! I want to go! Looove the photo with the Spanish moss where the light is coming through! Gorgeous!

    http://www.meredithsledgeblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...