Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yellowstone & Beyond

This is the last part of our trip to Yellowstone. It features our last two days in the park and our adventure on the Beartooth Highway, one of the most scenic roads in the country.
The bison calves melted my heart. So cute.


The following pictures are from the Beartooth Highway..


We found some snow.



The road stopped at this point because of the snow still on the mountains at higher elevations.



Twisting up and up and up..

The mountains broke and the view of the wild west plains came into view. Now we're back to Yellowstone..
My sister & I joked the whole trip that we just needed to see a group of bison forge a river at sunrise and our trip would be complete. Well, our wish was granted, but instead of sunrise, we got a snowstorm. Watching a herd of bison cross a river above their heads, in the snow, complete with new little calves, was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. 



The adult bison cross in a line upriver to the calves so they have an easier time crossing. 
We left Yellowstone in a snowstorm..
..and entered Idaho an hour later in sunshine.
We stopped by the Golden Spike Monument in Utah. In between those engines is where the spike to complete the continental railroad was driven into the ground.






..and then I flew home to start up a wonderful summer at camp.
Hope y'all enjoyed. It was a fantastic trip.

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful!!! My friend just went there and sent me a post card with a bison on it :). Your picture reminded me of that!
    ~ Talia
    http://girlzofgod.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take such beautiful pictures!!!! =)

    I'm hosting a fall photo challenge here- http://www.alifeworthliving-katherine.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-photo-challenge.html
    and I'm also having a giveaway here- http://www.alifeworthliving-katherine.blogspot.com/2012/10/giveaway.html! =) If you enter the photo challenge before tomorrow, you get 10 extra points for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These again are just beautiful shots...the buffalo crossing the river? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. Yellowstone is one place I would love to take my son and wife to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...