Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Westward, Ho! // Grand Tetons

After years of planning and waiting for the right time, my family finally made the decision to head out west for a camping trip. Our destination? Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks. 
We touched down in Salt Lake City after flying over the Rockies in Colorado. It was gorgeous.
The drive up to the Grand Tetons did not disappoint. I loved Idaho.
The West looked just like what I pictured it should. 


Our first glimpse of the Tetons.. gorgeous.



Nature.. what a strange cooperation animals have.


See the line in the water by the moon? That's an otter. :)

Our first morning we took a raft trip! It was lots of fun and we saw lots of different wildlife such as..
..Osprey..
..Elk..
..a lone coyote/wolf (our guide wasn't sure)..
..and to top it off, two Bald Eagles!


They have this saying in Wyoming, "if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." ..Well they aren't kidding.
The mountains reminded me SO much of my time in France.

We found a mama moose. :)
Then we found a papa moose! :D
Papa Moose was a lot close to us than Mama Moose was. 

You can now mosey on over and continue to part two of our adventure!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Sara! These pictures are incredible, and the scenery and wildlife just look so magical. Great shots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the first pan.. and the shots of the moose. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodnessssssss!! I miss the west and the tetons!!! These are beautiful! brings back so many happy memoories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UNBELIEVABLE. It's hard to believe you actually took these and you actually traveled to a place so beautiful. I think this place is going on my "have to visit" list. Golly. Wonderful photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, it looks so incredibly beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great! I loved the scenery and wildlife pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the horse pictures are so great! and holy MOLY that moose! you got so close (or had a super zoom lens? haha) -stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...