Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Magic of Yellowstone


As I promised.. my family continued our adventure in the Tetons by going to Yellowstone for a few days. We stayed at the Bridge Bay Campground, right on Lake Yellowstone. It was lovely, although a bit cold. Our chilliest night bottomed out at 22 degrees. Yikes. Keep in mind, this was in June! We were just glad not to be eaten by bears.



 The landscape is so strange.. there's seemingly random pools of steaming water scattered across the ground everywhere.

 Watching Old Faithful. I got better pictures on a sunny day.



 Bison hoof prints in the hot springs.










 You can't go to wildlife without running into (literally) some wildlife. The animals are everywhere! It's so cool.



 Bison grazing at sunset.
 This is the Hayden Valley at sunset. It's well-known for wildlife, although we only found a few bison that night. However, the following morning when my sister and I got up at the crack of dawn, we found lots! Bison standing in the mist, loons swimming in the Yellowstone river, and Elk standing in fields. It was awesome. 


 See the white stuff on the Bison? That's frost. It was about 26 degrees.


 Mist in the morning light on the Yellowstone River. Magic.
Actually, more like the majesty of the creation.
..more pictures will come soon, promise. :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! These are so beautiful!

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! I'M ALWAYS BLESSED AND INSPIRED BY YOUR PHOTOS. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible, Sara! :) Can't wait to see more. Now I kinda want to go to Yellowstone sometime soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I've been to Yellowstone many times (since I live only a few hours away) but you've really managed to capture the beauty of the place like it is in real life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness,ohmygoodness, OH MY GOODNESS, this is beautifuuuuuuuul! Our friends just got back from Yellowstone, said it was absolutely lovely, and now I've got the proof in your lovely photographs! I better get to traveling soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...