Thursday, May 31, 2012

Death Valley // Part I

 We arrived in Death Valley late afternoon. First order of business was the campsite. We had a cute little site in the desert nestled with a few trees. After we set up the tents, we headed out to the Devil's Golf Course. The landscape was so strange.. the salt creates weird formations on the ground. So bizarre! 



The following morning, we took pictures of the desert sunrise. Shortly after, we headed off to Rhyolite, a ghost town.





 The ruins of the former town.






 Wild mules on the hills surrounding the town.







 The view from the jail house window. Not too shabby.


Adventures in Death Valley will continue soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Sara!! They were amazing!
    Did you take any souvenirs from the place??

    I wish I could tell you which one was my favorite but they are all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWWWW, oh my goodness, Sara, that is so cool. Seriously looks like a town directly out of a John Wayne movie or something. So so cool! :) I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so cool!! I think I've been there... =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...