Sunday, January 8, 2012

Word Of Our God










I'm in the process of drying this flower out. I only just received it last night, so the process is not very far along yet. However, in time, it will be dried out completely. Do you feel like at times God's Word dries out? As previously mentioned, last year, I tried to read the Bible in a year. I got to a point where I was only reading the Bible. I wasn't soaking it up. I was reading the words, but I wasn't letting them effect and change me. But God's Word doesn't dry out. Ever. It always has something practical and useful! The words in it are for our benefit, so we should take time to diligently read, memorize & study.

But isn't it tough to put that into action? So today, I signed up for my church's scripture memory challenge. It's three months of memorizing different passages. I'm really excited. :) Oh, and this is something cool I wanted to share. I asked my small group leader to be my "listener" (the person who listens to me say the verses each week) and she asked me to be her listener too! She has two kids and a busy life, but she's taking time to memorize scripture. It was a real encouragement to me. She's awesome.

I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday! :) Linking up to Scripture and a Snapshot & Observing Beauty.

8 comments:

  1. I really could do with memorizing more scripture. I'm a slow bible reader - just letting it seep all the way in.

    Rosie
    from leavesnbloom studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that verse! It's one of my top favourites! And the photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. It would make a pretty desktop!

    Thank you for sharing.

    Tänia of Simply God's Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow very interesting photo!

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. Your scripture class sounds very interesting, can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful image and words as well Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is so gorgeous! Really, really well done!
    Thanks for linking up to Observing Beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...