Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Cup Overflows

I've been wondering what to write on my annual little yearly recap for a while now. Truth is, I'm still not sure. It's been a rough year, but it's also been one of the best. I was stretched. I was put into circumstances that I was uncomfortable with. I learned and I grew as a person, in my faith, and as a photographer.

Jesus has kept me standing. Even though I'm not perfect, don't read my Bible every day, don't always think nice things or make the right choices, I say stupid words, and mess up time and time again... he loves me anyways. Just because I'm not perfect, doesn't mean he doesn't love me. I don't know how many times I have to whack myself in the head with that to get it. I'm not perfect (and I'll never be on this earth). BUT God loves me anyways.


I choose the word serve to focus on for 2011. I had the privilege of serving (with amazing people) on missions trips in Minnesota, at camp, a weekend in State College, in France, North Carolina, and right here, at home and in my city. It was such a blessing to get to know the people I had the privilege of working with. There's a bond you form with people when you serve with them, - and I believe it lasts a lifetime. They become family. It doesn't matter if you're working together for five days or five weeks, the joy of serving the Lord brings you together.  Brothers and sisters in Christ.

On a less serious note.. here's a few fun facts about my year. :)
I spent..
115 nights away from home
40 in different countries
& 79 of those were on missions trips or at camp.

I visited..
2 countries, France & Canada
5 Canadian Providences (QB, OT, NB, PEI, & NS)
& 18 states, farthest west being Minnesota

I also..
grew my photography business
started a book club
packed 40 shoe boxes for OCC with my family
hit 130,000 miles on my dear car, the last 20,000 have been with me
started going to a new church
took somewhere around 10,000 pictures
meet a few amazing individuals who are like family

& had a really awesome year that was abundantly blessed.
Thanks for reading. :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading how God worked in your life, Sara! May God bless and encourage you in 2012 and may you continue to serve him faithfully. I'm excited to see what He does in your life next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great year :)

    Have an awesome 2012 :D

    Tay
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...