Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pattern For Life

Today, this was my life..
-went to church
-headed up a winter banquet meeting after the service
-went directly to a fantastically fun family shoot
-proceeded directly home for little brothers birthday party
-desired to pass out afterwords
It was a good day.
I read this passage last night in Colossians. I decided that I was going to read through an entire book of the Bible and so I did! It was pretty short, but it has fantastic verses and meaning in it. I plan to go more in-depth in Colossians in the coming weeks. I'm taking a short break from my reading through the Bible for it, but I think it'll be good. I've been in the OT a very long time. Anyways. These verses really struck me. It's kind of like a pattern for life.
-receive Jesus
-walk with Him
-learn about Him through his Word
-be exuberant in thankfulness
Sounds good to me.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful light! So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot and detail. Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book of Colossians! I like James too.....tough but so needed. :) Very pretty picture. I like the lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Picture... I know what you mean about reading the Bible thru...this year I read it in Chronological order...I think it was easier to read...but the OT takes a long time... you've got that right! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this picture and passage! Very nice!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are reading the Bible in 90 days... it is a challenge, but you do fly through The Old Testament. I do love this shot and the verse and your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great decision to move into Colossians in depth. One of my faves. The shot is LOVELY - love the light. Thanks for all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely shot and wonderful reminder in your verse! Yes, the Bible is full of wonderful words that inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Beautiful photo, beautiful verse!
    This really shows how as Christians we can't just "accept Jesus into our hearts" and think we're good to go. A relationship with Christ calls us to live a different life!

    <3 Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. it was SO much fun! I can't wait to see the photos :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful photography and love for Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...