Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Caroling Blessings

Today, I went to my best friend's house and made nine dozen tasty cookies (choc. chocolate chip and peanut butter) for church caroling. We split into groups so that we could visit various people from church that have trouble getting out. I really believe we made a joyful noise! :) I had the privilege of meeting three ladies who go to my church.  They were all super sweet, very happy to see us, and totally in love with their savior.
It was such a blessing to me.
Isn't that curious?
We went to sing to them, to be a blessing to them, but I was blessed too.
Seeing their love for Christ is inspiring.
It really is more blessed to give than to receive.
linking up with scripture and a snapshot.
better late than never, right?

4 comments:

  1. That is true - when you go to be a blessing to someone, they end up blessing you more than you bless them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! Blessings to you at Christmas time and all year through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shot for S&S :D Stopping by from Katies Link up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara ... I wanted to thank you for dropping over and leaving such an encouraging comment! It blesses me to have someone with such a beautiful gift of photography to notice little ol' me! :) I enjoyed reading this post and seeing the photos here ... Jesus' words ring so true ... it really does touch something deep within our hearts when we reach out to be a blessing to others! I found your photo entries on Katie's site, too, and wanted to leave my comment on this one. I've so enjoyed reading through your last couple of posts ... the images in the one from New York are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them ... I've never been but always wanted to go for a visit! Oh, and hope you don't mind ... I'll be joining your many followers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...