Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fundy National Park, NB, Canada

This year we headed north to Fundy National Park in New Brunswick for some family camping. The park is beautiful, offers a lot of hiking trails, and lakes for kayaking! We really enjoyed our time in Fundy and were sad to leave to go to Acadia!
A huge fog bank coming off the bay.
Part of Wolf's Creek Bridge, which lead into our campground.
Dickinson Falls.
Cape Enrage Lighthouse.
My sister and I went kayaking on Lake Bennet.
Fundy is home to the largest tides in the world. We walked the mile (roughly) out to the water's edge at low tide to explore the ocean floor. It was really neat!
Lobster boats demonstrating the tide change.
Hurricane Irene made some big waves!
The night sky (and milky way!) from our campsite. I should have the rest of our camping trip (Acadia, NP) up later in the week. :)

9 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures! how in the world do you get such great star pictures!? Please share your secret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna come, I wanna come. These are stunning photos, I bet you had the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, wow, wow!!! this is gorgeous and looks just like my ideal vacation. glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Just amazing shots! You made me feel like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY MY COUNTRY! NB is totally gorgeous, and your pictures definitely show that. :D Also I spotted French on your map and found that amusing, yes I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, incredible sights! I'm slightly jealous. ;)

    Love the last shot! I always try to take photos of the stars but they never turn out. That is a gorgeous night sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that 8th and 9th picture, the two of the falls, look like they are straight out of a magazine! Seriously, you should put those on a stock photo site! Really beautiful! Your stars shot is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow! These are absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the water flowing shots and that last one is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...