Monday, November 14, 2011

Acadia Time Lapse

video
While in Acadia NP this fall, I did a time lapse film.  What on earth is a time lapse film you ask?  Excellent question.  It's very simple, all I did was take one photo every ten seconds for a long time.  I combined them all in Windows Movie Maker and presto, time lapse video.  It is good to pick a subject that moves a lot (but not too much), such as fast moving clouds or the setting sun.  You can view my previous time lapse here.  This is really a fun project to try if you've got some extra time on your hands! linking up at photo tip tuesday, communal global, & the creative exchange.

8 comments:

  1. So cool, Sara! If I ever have an hour to spare I know what I'm going to be doing--I think I have a perfect spot too. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I never knew how people actually did that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, this is fantastic! The view here is just gorgeous, and you have put it together so beautifully.

    Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a great day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this, brilliant! Thank you for sharing the tip too, that is very sweet of you. Must try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! I've always wanted to try time lapse, and I know my Nikon even has a time lapse setting where you can just program in how often you want it to take pictures and it does all the work for you, but I've never had a chance to try it! I think you've inspired me to do it though, this video is beautiful! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an amazing idea and so much easier than I would think. I am going to have to give it a try in the near future. Thank you for sharing and for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's really awesome!

    brilliant idea, thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...