Tuesday, October 25, 2011

France - Paris Day 2

Our second day in Paris we went to the Arc de Triomphe, and then walked down the Champs Elysees to the Louvre.
To get to the top of the Arc there is a lot of stairs. 284, actually. I did it in four minutes flat.
Panoramas are my favorite!
Birds are another favorite. This guy was the bird whisperer!
The Louvre. My thoughts? It was cool. However, I realized that I'm not much of an art appreciator. 
Poor sphinx was missin' something important! 
Despite the fact that these fellows were missing their noses, they were my favorite.
I was informed these pieces were from the "broke" period of art. :)
Looking for fire-breathing Jack Russel Terriers? Then you've gotta get to the Louvre!
Me with some cool statues with mostly no clothes on. Cool!
Bet'cha didn't know the Mona Lisa has glowing red eyes.
Photoshop? What's that? I would never..
Don't you hate it when you're Jesus and you start glowing? 
tip: when you're in a place that's been photographed a million and two times.. find a new angle or try to get details.
The Champs Elysees at night.
Last but not least, the Eiffel Tower again, BUT this time.. at night.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Despite the sarcasm, crowded Metro, and cost-my-arm expensive food, Paris really was awesome. France in general was really awesome. It was a hard and long missions trip but one with great blessings for the whole team. :)
*to the blogs I linked with today, I'm having issues with buttons/links. Sorry for not linking up!

15 comments:

  1. These are awesome - it really took me back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments made me laugh. A lot. :D And the pictures? Lovely. I love the panorama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Paris looks amazing through your lens. I love your shots and angles and captions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful shots. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up with Tones on Tuesday! I love the spiral staircase shot and the sphinx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely captures. Every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I only dream of taking a trip like this! Your images are fabulous! So glad you shared them! I really like the "bird whisperer" photo ... would have enjoyed seeing him in action! Have a blessed weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice all. Fabulous series, you've managed to capture the beauty of Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sara, these are wonderful! Thank you so much for taking us along with you! Thank you also for sharing these at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a spectacular!

    love all of these pictures, and i have to say that the last one is very creative!

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome shots!! I LOVE that panaroma! how did you stitch that together! The focus on your bird shot is very impressive too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great captures in La Ville-Lumière!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy wow. That looks so incredible. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW - very cool. LOVE the shot with the birds. Thanks for linking up! Tomorrow's theme is blooper - somehow I have a feeling you've got some pretty awesome out-takes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...