Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Have Nothing

Our team did a devotional last night as a group and we talked about this verse. I've never really looked at the Beattitudes very deeply before, but I'm finding them really interesting. Last night, we talked about Matthew 5:3, the opening to the Sermon on the Mount. We dove into what the meaning of being "poor in the spirit" and I got a lot out of it. The word translated for poor used in this context means 'having nothing'. We have nothing. Nothing to offer God that he could want. I immediately thought, "Hey, wait a minute, I have plenty to offer God!" then thought a little more and realized that everything I have he has given me.
I have nothing.
He is everything.
I know he'll provide everything I need. I don't need much, only Him, and he already supplied that. Thank you, Jesus!
linking up with scripture and a snapshot.

6 comments:

  1. In school we were required to memorize The Beatitudes. That was a couple of decades back. I still don't understand fully what does "poor in spirit" mean. Anyway, that's a wonderful shot you matched the verse with. Love it!

    http://hazelintheglen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, God provides all we need. What a lovely picture! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beauty and depth in this verse, and yes it is all such wonderful grace - His blessings abound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo and verse combination...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sara,
    What a beautiful blog you have....your pictures are stunning! God has really given you a talent for capturing the world around you. I look forward to visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photograph, beautiful verse. (: Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...