Saturday, April 23, 2011

Double Chocolate Oreo Bars

I made these fantstically delicious and ridiculously easy Double Chocolate Oreo Bars on Thursday and would love if you would make them too! & maybe send a few my way then? Thanks. :D
All they take is twenty-four Oreos, two cups of chocolate chips, a teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 of a cup of butter, and one 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk.
First off, split your Oreos into groups of six and eighteen.
In a food proccesser or blender, chop up that group of eighteen Oreos into a nice crumb.
Very fine crumbs work the best. Then in a bowl, melt your butter completely and mix it together with the crumbs.
Use a greased and floured 13x9 pan and then press your butter/Oreo mix into the bottom evenly.
Take one cup of chocolate chips and put it in a bowl with the milk & vanilla.
Next, stick it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then mix it around so that it becomes nice and smooth.
It should look like milk chocolate... because that's basically what it is!
Spread that evenly into your pan.
Then take the remaining cup of chocolate chips and scatter those around. Then take those other six Oreos (yeah, remember them? They weren't for you to eat yet!) and crush them and put them on top.
Proceed to bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees. After the pan has cooled, let it chill in the fridge for a while before cutting them otherwise it makes for a BIG mess!
After that, you're ready to grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
original recipe found here!
entering this in this contest.

10 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I might just have to try making them soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look absolutely delicious! And your photography is great too.

    Abby :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so delish! I'm book-marking them for a future date when I can try them for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment on my photography blog! I hopped on over to your blog and man - you take some good photos (not to mention making some delicious food)! I added myself as your newest follower, and would love if you would do the same for my blog. :)

    Blessings!
    ~Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sara! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love this post! I really like pictures when I'm baking/cooking, and yours are fantastic. That first one--oooh, yummy. I went to Allrecipes.com and saved the recipe. Definitely a keeper for my cookbook!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my ... those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look incredible! You've got me craving chocolate now... darn you ;).

    Thanks for linking up!

    much love.
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmigoodness! That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...