Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Reason to Smile

I woke up this morning to an alarm that went off too early, a laptop without working internet, and a rainy cold day. Yesterday wasn't a very good day and it just felt like it was going to be a repeat of that.
But each day is a choice.
You can let things get to you and drag you down, or you can brush them off a put on a smile.
I'm a pretty happy and easy-going gal, so I typically choose to just smile. But here's the thing, I've been forgetting the real reason I smile to begin with. So why do I smile?
It's because I'm loved.
I'm fearfully and wonderfully made.
An image-bearer of the creator of the universe.
It's because that same creator decided that it'd be worth it to die the most painful death ever imaginable to save me. Me? Some days I can't wrap my head around it.
But so so so so thankful I am. & even more so when I remember that I can never do anything ever to stop that love.

That's my reason to smile.
What's yours?

4 comments:

  1. AMEN. Absolutely and completely.

    Thank you for reminding me of the true and real reasons behind every gift of gratitude.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Lovely post. God is so good to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my reason to smile, too. I love God and can't imagine life without him!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. :)

    Nice to meet you!
    In Christ,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your photography!! You're very talented and it's a pleasure to view your work. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...