Saturday, September 25, 2010

Acadia National Park, Maine | Part One

Four nights, six hundred miles, hundreds of pictures, and then we finally we were there...Acadia National Park! We stayed in the actual park, at Blackwoods Campground. First matter of business was setting the tents up!Second matter of business..dinner! Our first time cooking on a propane grill..didn't go so swell! Matter of fact, this isn't actually our grill, and the tent above isn't ours either! This was my family's first time camping together, and the first time ever for my two younger siblings and Mom (myself, Danielle, and Dad have been camping many times). Thus, we don't have much equipment and borrowed many things from friends!
A beautiful sunset at Cadillac Mountain, with a long shutter to record the motion of the clouds. Next morning's sunrise along Ocean Drive..Thunder Hole, where the water goes through a hole in the rock and makes a loud noise like thunder. See the rainbow in the second shot?
On top of Cadillac Mountain a second time, this time during daylight.
Yours truly..busy shooting the image below (okay, one close to it.).
I took this at a pull-off on the way back down the mountain. In the background is Sargent Mountain and Eagle Lake.
We couldn't go to Maine and not have lobster! So one night we had dinner at Thurston's Lobster Pound, in the adorable town of Bernard. The porch overlooked the beautiful little harbor, it was gorgeous.
Dinner, pre-cooked (above) obviously, and it cooked (below), Yuuuum!
My sister did not really enjoy eating her lobster. She found it quite upsetting that the animal was alive twenty minutes ago and that she had to eat it! haha!
More sunrise pictures along the coastline near Otter Cliffs.
Ohsnap, the photographer caught in all my photographing glory again. Probably taking the shot below..
Have I mentioned I love wave crashing pictures? I think they're gorgeous.
While in Maine, we experienced their heat wave of the summer. We were expecting mild 70-80 degree days with 50-60 nights. We had scorching 90-100 degree days with 75-80 nights, it was pretty hot. So most of the week my family went to Sand Beach (the only beach with sand in the park!) while my sister and I explored other parts in the heat. On this particular day, I took a walk on the lovely Jesup Path. It's a wooden boardwalk through the woods with a beautiful grove of birch trees lining the sides. More abstract pictures..
To finish the post off, a few shots of Bass Harbor Lighthouse. These are some of my favorite shots from the trip, especially the one above. Below is an HDR photo.
Acadia NP part two shall be up soon! School and work have been crazy, thanks for hanging in there dear followers! Also, I'd love to know what your favorite shot of the post was, thanks in advance! ♥

3 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous pictures! My favorites are the sunset/sunrise ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! It looks like you had a great time.

    I hate to admit this, but I only have a point and shoot Kodak Easy Share camera. Thankfully, even *I* can't take a bad picture of Acadia because God did such a great job making it extra beautiful. ;0)

    Is your middle name Jane by any chance?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...