Friday, August 13, 2010

Missions Delaware (Part One)

This summer, my youth group had the privilege of going on a missions trip to Long Neck, Delaware. Our small (but awesome) team consisted of seven teens, two leaders, plus their adorable little baby (four other leaders joined us for part of the week as well) served a small Bible Fellowship church down there. During the week we ran a VBS program for the kids of the community from 10-12 in the morning, and each night we had a dinner, activity, and devotional for the teens. It was a wonderful week, and I took a ton of pictures, so I'll post them in two parts. Enjoooy!
Will the Watermelon was our faithful mascot throughout the week!..until we served him for supper.
Margaret, our leader's adorable kid!
Align CenterMrs. White in the Billiards room with the knife..through the crotch? Apparently that's how it went down!
One of the afternoons during free time we went to the beach at Cape Henalopen for a while. It was lovely!
VBS fun! :See what they are? Aren't they adorable? My friend Rachel and I were completely in charge of games for VBS, we did a few days of water games, most of these pictures are from those days! We had a total of 13 kids for VBS on our best day, which is tiny compared to the programs our church runs back home, but it was the largest amount of kids ever for the church in Delaware!Missions Delaware part two coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Love all of the photos. Margaret is so cute! And the beach looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! And blog! And your buttons!!
    And I noticed that all of your posts are at nice even times, like 10:00 or 11:00 or even 10:45 or 9:15.
    Do you schedule your posts?
    Or are you just amazingly punctual?
    I'm nosy. ;)
    I like to know how different people do different things differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! ♥♥ Ahaha I always just set the time back to whatever quarter of the hour just passed, because I'm slightly OCD. :D Lately it's been just happening like pure magic..or maybe my sub-conscious mind is doing it. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...