Thursday, July 15, 2010

City of Brotherly Love

On Tuesday we all went to Philadelphia for the day. I'm not sure what we didn't see. We went everywhere! Valley Forge, the Magic Garden (a really neat art display..thing), Independence Hall, Center City, Boathouse Row, and up by the Art Museum at night. It was a jam-packed day, but tons of fun!


The "Magic" Garden. One man made this, took him fourteen years. Some patience level!







Independence Hall, generally around Old Philadelphia! :
It made me incredibly happy to see a reference to the Bible, considering we were founded as a Christian nation.


Big version is here!

This is the room the Declaration of Independence was signed. Big version is here! Me being well..as my friend said, me. Photo credit: Gillian

Center City fun! :
Photo Credit: Gilly
Quick side note, quick, promise! Philadelphia's founder, William Penn, was a Quaker. He was given the land of Pennsylvania from the English King, and he founded it to be a place of religious freedom for his fellow Quaker brethren. Where was I going with this? Right..Philadelphia's means Brotherly Love, hence, the city of Brotherly Love. So, right by City Hall they have Love Park, with a giant love statue!

This is another of my terrible tries at an HDR photo!
Art Museum and the Philadelphia Waterworks! Big version here!

This is one of my favorite shots from the day!


Another favorite..straight off the camera!
City life at night! And our famous Boathouse row..
Hope you enjoyed the pictures! It was a crazy (but super fun) day! We did a little bit of absolutely everything. I think that was my longest blog post yet, over thirty pictures. I've got more to go yet! Up next : Delaware Water Gap!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! The photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...